Anyways, I have been slacking in the spiritual department lately. It's been on my mind and it's something I need to work on. I woke up this morning read a devotion from a website I used to read every morning (and plan on doing again!)...devotionsforlife.org
This one really hit home for me, because I find myself trying to please others sometimes---no matter what the spiritual cost :/ ...I figured I'd share it!
Pleasing
We do not want to disappoint people, especially those whom we love. We try our best to please those at home, at work, at church and in our neighborhood. We will do all kinds of things to make others think well of us. Many times, we go far out of our way to help someone, even complete strangers.
But how often do we think about pleasing God? Is he on our mind? Are we thinking about him in everything we do? Probably not. Our first thought should be to make God happy – to please him, no matter what the world might think of us. We should realize by now that we cannot satisfy both God and man. You and I have to make a choice. Chances are we usually side with those around us rather than God because we know he will forgive us while people will not.
That is not the point. We should want to delight him so much that we do not care about the consequences of people rejecting us. Think about all of the saints who put him first, ahead of everything including their own lives.
Jesus came to earth not only to offer us salvation. He also came to serve as an example. As we go through this day, let us follow his way in pleasing the father despite the price. In the long run that is all that really matters.
But how often do we think about pleasing God? Is he on our mind? Are we thinking about him in everything we do? Probably not. Our first thought should be to make God happy – to please him, no matter what the world might think of us. We should realize by now that we cannot satisfy both God and man. You and I have to make a choice. Chances are we usually side with those around us rather than God because we know he will forgive us while people will not.
That is not the point. We should want to delight him so much that we do not care about the consequences of people rejecting us. Think about all of the saints who put him first, ahead of everything including their own lives.
Jesus came to earth not only to offer us salvation. He also came to serve as an example. As we go through this day, let us follow his way in pleasing the father despite the price. In the long run that is all that really matters.

I really like this little devo. I've been thinking about that too and it's hard to even know what God wants me to do. I just have to listen and pray for confidence, but I forget to do even that.
ReplyDeleteI love your blog! It's very "Hailey" which of course is great and cute! I'll bookmark it and check it often!
Awww, you have no excited how happy I was to see I have a new follower! haha No one else seems to have blogs :(
ReplyDeleteBut, yes...it's not always easy to do what we KNOW is right...good news is we can always work on it :)
P.S How can I follow your blog? It says it isn't public?
ReplyDeleteI don't have a blog, I just linked my gmail account to sign my name with. I would have a blog but I really don't have anything to say lol!
ReplyDelete